An unexpected toothache could be the result of untreated decay. Pain is a common symptom of one or more cavities. The sooner you see your Drumheller, Alberta dentist for treatment, the sooner you can get pain relief. At Riverside Dental Clinic, we treat decay with composite dental cavity fillings. Dr. Kenneth Poznikoff will cleanse your tooth of decay and fill it with composite resin material to protect it from future infection. Treating a decayed tooth restores its usefulness.
The Resilience of Composite Fillings
Composite fillings have become popular over the years due to their natural-looking, tooth-coloured appearance. Once bonded to your tooth, the filling blends right in, so it’s not so obvious you’ve had cavity treatment. Composite fillings are also quite resilient. When placed on your back teeth, they’re fully capable of withstanding the pressure of chewing and grinding your food.
Composite fillings are composed of powdered quartz glass or other ceramic material mixed with composite resin to give them a tough, durable composition. The resin bonds quickly and easily with your teeth, forming a strong seal against decay. With proper care, these fillings can provide years of cavity protection before needing to be replaced.
Additional composite dental fillings benefits include:
- Tooth-coloured appearance that makes the filling hardly noticeable on your teeth
- Easier placement as they require less drilling for their application. This helps preserve more of your tooth’s natural structure to keep it strong and healthy
- Metal and mercury-free to eliminate the risk of toxicity
- Less likely to crack or come loose when exposed to temperature changes in your mouth as the filling doesn’t expand or contract like silver fillings do
- Can be used on front teeth, back teeth or any other teeth that need cavity treatment
Treating cavities quickly will stop your pain, save your teeth and prevent decay from spreading to healthy teeth. Composite fillings offer a safe and effective way to treat decay and restore oral health.
To schedule an appointment for cavity treatment with composite fillings, contact Dr. Kenneth Poznikoff from Riverside Dental Clinic in Drumheller, AB, at (833) 575-1855.
Share this Article